Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ann_DAS
Helper I
Helper I

Accessing both a SharePoint list and library in a flow

Hi Users,

Maybe I'm getting cocky with my "new Power Automate skills" but I was wondering if it was possible to create one flow using both a list and a library (all on the same SP site). Here's the scenario: I have a master list that tracks all the documents issued and a library where the actual documents are stored. The master list tracks, among other things, when documents are due for renewal, while the library tracks approval and review comments. So this is what I am thinking for a flow...

Each day, the flow would check the master list to determine if a renewal is due. If it finds a document that is due for renewal, it would go to the library and start an approval process for review.

The approval process would be a simple - send notification to the owner, record the approval, update the library with the approval comments and then email me when everything is done.

Has anyone ever tried a flow like this? I would be curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The only real limitation on getting lists and library items in a flow is the trigger can only be from one location.  But in this case you are planning to use a recurrence trigger.  After that you can have as many Get Items and Get files as you want.  Each can be for a different location.  The one other limitation would be that you can't access a list or library dynamically.  The get items or get files actions that you want to use will need to be coded for that particular list or library.  But if you have multiple actions each one can point to a different list or library.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The only real limitation on getting lists and library items in a flow is the trigger can only be from one location.  But in this case you are planning to use a recurrence trigger.  After that you can have as many Get Items and Get files as you want.  Each can be for a different location.  The one other limitation would be that you can't access a list or library dynamically.  The get items or get files actions that you want to use will need to be coded for that particular list or library.  But if you have multiple actions each one can point to a different list or library.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Well that gives me hope, thank you. I am going to try this. Wish me luck

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (102,919)