Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisTan
Helper I
Helper I

Active Flows Automatically Deleted Over 28 Days

Hello All,

Having an issue here where my flows that are active for more than 28 days are automatically getting deleted. I am running an approval system and some of these flows need to be running for a longer period of time. So when an approver eventually responds, nothing happens since the flow is no longer available. Is there any work around for this? 

xD.png

Thanks,
D

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DennisTan ,

Here is an article about Missing runs or triggers history for a flow.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/missing-runs-or-triggers-history-for-a-flow-fef09ed9-2a7f-...

Flow run or trigger history is retained for 30 days after the start of the flow. So if it is past 30 days history is deleted and data you are looking for will not be there.

I have an alternative workaround, please try the following workaround.

I assemue you have items in SharePoint.

vchenzhi_0-1638758957480.png

Here is the flow.

vchenzhi_1-1638759090745.png

vchenzhi_2-1638759194155.png

@equals(triggerBody()?['StartWorkFlow'],true)

vchenzhi_3-1638759497628.png

vchenzhi_5-1638759703463.png

If there is no response to approval for more than 27 days, the Flow will re-run.

Best Regards,

Zhi Chen

Hi @v-chenzhi,

I am aware of this workaround, however it is not suitable for the my current needs. My flow has multiple approvers and after every approver, their responses (comment,date,email etc.) are recorded into variables within the flow. These variables are then passed along to the next approver within the flow where they can see a log of all the other approver's details and responses. Having the approval request restart will wipe away all the data recorded. My only other option would be to split the flow into parent-child flows. However, not sure if this impacts child flow run as well?

Let's say I have Flow A that triggers Flow B as child flow. Now Flow A runs for 25 days and as a last step it calls child Flow B that will run for another 25 days. Flow A didn't finish as it expects answer to come from Flow B, but Flow A will be terminated after 30 days. As the Flow A is terminated, will it terminate child Flow B as well?

Thanks,

D

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,184)