cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sherif-Abolsaud
Advocate I
Advocate I

Add ID to manual trigger flow run

Hi, I have a manual trigger flow where there is no ID field for each flow run.
Please advice how to add auto increment ID to each run in order to include it in the excel action: 'Add a row into a table' along with other fields from the flow run.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Sherif-Abolsaud 

For a manually triggered flow, you can use the expression to get the request ID and use that: @{triggerOutputs()?['headers']?['x-ms-client-request-id']}

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sherif-Abolsaud ,

Maybe you could try the following configuration.

Use Order by to get the record with the Max ID, add 1 to this value, and insert it into a new row.

Image reference:

Spoiler
193.PNG194.PNG195.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Sherif-Abolsaud
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks.

I found a simple solution that to add share point step'Create item' in a list which has ID column.

It is working fine, but any problem may happen in future? after many records getting recorded around 60 item per day?

Hi @Sherif-Abolsaud ,

It is also a good method, I think there will be no problem. Now the license does not limit the number of Flow run.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,680)