cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add an attachment to a sharepoint list

I want to create a list entry in a sharepoibt list triggered against sending an email.  I want to add the email attachments to the sharepoint list item created attachment.  It doesn't appear that there is a flow action that allows the ability to attach items to a sharepoint list item.

Please help me understand what I am missing.

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

if you would like to store the Attachments from Email to A newly created lists which is based on the e-mail arriving, this is not supported currently.

Attachments in Email are in table format, which is not supported under SharePoint list items. For Attachments under each SharePoint List items, we need to know the list ID, in order to get access to the related attachments, see this thread for reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Copy-list-item-attachement-to-Document-Library/td-p/14610

Currently we could save the attachments into SharePoint Library.

Hope the information above is helpful.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  Doesn't really address the problem.  We still need a way to automate the attachment of documents to a Sharepoint List.  Seems pretty fundamental.  Looks like we'll have to wait for enhancements.

Thanks,

pNabin
Advocate V
Advocate V

Now, they have Action "Add attachment" in SarePoint connector that is useful in adding attachments into the SharePoint list item. However, I am unable to add .txt file. Other file like word, pdf, jpg etc works. 

Reference: 

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/planner-triggers-connector-improvements/

rcaspe
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys can you help me or point me to a document on how to make a flow that can extract outlook email attachments then upload it to a sharepoint list. Thank you in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,314)