cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Add an attachment to a sharepoint list

I want to create a list entry in a sharepoibt list triggered against sending an email.  I want to add the email attachments to the sharepoint list item created attachment.  It doesn't appear that there is a flow action that allows the ability to attach items to a sharepoint list item.

Please help me understand what I am missing.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Add an attachment to a sharepoint list

Hi @Mitso1969,

if you would like to store the Attachments from Email to A newly created lists which is based on the e-mail arriving, this is not supported currently.

Attachments in Email are in table format, which is not supported under SharePoint list items. For Attachments under each SharePoint List items, we need to know the list ID, in order to get access to the related attachments, see this thread for reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Copy-list-item-attachement-to-Document-Library/td-p/1...

Currently we could save the attachments into SharePoint Library.

Hope the information above is helpful.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply.  Doesn't really address the problem.  We still need a way to automate the attachment of documents to a Sharepoint List.  Seems pretty fundamental.  Looks like we'll have to wait for enhancements.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Now, they have Action "Add attachment" in SarePoint connector that is useful in adding attachments into the SharePoint list item. However, I am unable to add .txt file. Other file like word, pdf, jpg etc works. 

Reference: 

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/planner-triggers-connector-improvements/

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys can you help me or point me to a document on how to make a flow that can extract outlook email attachments then upload it to a sharepoint list. Thank you in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,325)