cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonalexander

Add missing row to Excel

Hi there, im new here so sorry if this has been asked to death - I just cant find something that answers specifically what im trying to do...

I successfully did the following:

Manually created a test.xlsx file in SharePoint with the headings and the initial value ID's from an export of a Planner which is in the excel sheet as a column called Task ID

Power Automate to do the rest for me on a schedule...

List Tasks - Planner

• Group ID = Testing Group
  • Plan Id = Testing Planner

Which contains a key value of value IDin the form of something like this: oVAKrpiHp0al26h7CAbP6kYAK-3L

Update A Row - Excel

• Location = Testing Group
  • Document Library = Testing Documents
  • File = test.xlsx
  • Table = Table1
  • Key Column = Task ID
  • Key Value = value ID

Then I choose Task Name = value Title which works wonders.  The value Title is updated in my excel sheet based on matching the value ID to the Task ID (from Excel) and it updates perfectly = SUCCESS

----

Now, what I want to do is to be able to ADD an excel row where the planner has value ID existing (a new planner item has been added) and the excel is missing that key identifier under Task ID.

I cannot for the life of me get it working...

Help.

note: I'm at the point of rebuilding the spreadsheet in power automate each time (over night) as it doesn't need to be updated every day.  The plan for this is to then add a Power BI front end and add to my dashboard for the directors, along side all my other reports on my SharePoint page.

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @simonalexander 

If I understand you correctly, you want to check if a row exists and if not, add it? If you run get rows from table and then filter array for your is, using a condition, if the length is 1, you have a match, then update, otherwise add.

Damien

simonalexander

Hi Damien,

Yes, if a row in the excel sheet does not contain the ID of a new planner item then add that planner item at the bottom.

I tried using get rows and add on a condition but not sure I got it right because it started adding the same row again and again on repeat, I had to force the run to end.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,698)