cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuchar71
Level: Power Up

Adding sharepoint list's item without viewing permission

Hello. I need to build a powerapp to store employees' comments in sharepoint list. I prepared an app with a ms flow which update list with a new item. I want to permit apps's user to add new item to sharepoint list but I don't want to give them possibility to view this list. How can I do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SamPo
Level 10

Re: Adding sharepoint list's item without viewing permission

@kuchar71 Without giving them access to the list, the only way you can do it is by creating a sub-flow.

Basically you set it up like this: The app calls a flow which then has an HTTP call to an endpoint of another flow.

In this second flow you will create the calls to SharePoint.

The first flow will be run as the user (with their permissions) who is currently using the app but the second flow will be run with the account of whoever created the flow (assuming yours) therefore you only need to allow that user access to the list and not anyone else.

If this answer is helpful then please consider marking it as a solution to help other users in the future.

Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CollabTechie
Level 8

Hi @kuchar71 - I would recommend reading this from the wonderful @WonderLaura 

https://wonderlaura.com/2019/07/18/powerapps-as-a-front-end/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my reply was helpful, please give a thumbs up or please accept as solution if this resolved your issue

Highlighted
SamPo
Level 10

@kuchar71 Without giving them access to the list, the only way you can do it is by creating a sub-flow.

Basically you set it up like this: The app calls a flow which then has an HTTP call to an endpoint of another flow.

In this second flow you will create the calls to SharePoint.

The first flow will be run as the user (with their permissions) who is currently using the app but the second flow will be run with the account of whoever created the flow (assuming yours) therefore you only need to allow that user access to the list and not anyone else.

If this answer is helpful then please consider marking it as a solution to help other users in the future.

Sam

View solution in original post

kuchar71
Level: Power Up

Thanks for your help! I've done it in similar way, but your solution sounds even better.

My version is:
I have two flows. The first one adds an item into "temporary" list which is available for all app's user. The second one I made on admin's sharepoint account and it launches when new item in temporary list is created and it adds new item into "real" list (which is available for specific users) and then removes the item from temporary list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,847)