cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lotlop

After creating my flow, all files I upload to my SharePoint library are marked as checked out and cannot be checked in

Hello,

I am very new to power automate and have tried making a flow, for my document library, that sends users an alert when documents expire in less than 90 days.

However now that I have created the flow, whenever I upload new files to my document library the files are marked as 'checked out' and when trying to check them in I receive a 'list data validation failed' error message. Due to this I can't edit these new files and add expiration dates to them so my flow cannot check when they are due to expire.

Here is my flow and some screenshots of the errors. If anyone could let me know whether this is a problem with my flow and what I could do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jean-Luc

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 11.35.31.pngHere are the the new files I have uploaded, both have a red checked out arrow. As seen in the top right, when trying to click 'check in', 'List data validation failed' appearsHere are the the new files I have uploaded, both have a red checked out arrow. As seen in the top right, when trying to click 'check in', 'List data validation failed' appears

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@lotlop 

Can you check the following:

• Are any additional columns that were added to the library marked as Required?
    • If so, is there data in those columns?
  • Go to the library settings and check the Validation Settings
    • Are there any validation settings configured?
    • If so, do the documents that you uploaded conform?
  • Go to the settings for each column
    • Are there column validation settings?
      • If so, do your documents conform?
  • Are there any other column settings such as max value, min value, etc. that you might be violating?

Please let me know how it goes.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,984)