cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knandez05
Helper III
Helper III

Approval Email Duplicating

Hello! I have a rather complicated multi level approval flow that is duplicating the first level approval email when it gets to the end and I'm not sure what is triggering it or how to stop it from triggering.  

The approval email that it is duplicating is the Regional Director, which is the first approval email that the flow triggers when a new request is submitted via forms. The last approval, which is Accounting, will enter 'approve' and the flow updates their details into the SharePoint list and send an email to the doc mgmnt team to finalize and complete the request (a separate flow). However, after Accounting hits 'approve' the Regional Director approval email is sent again. 

Any help with this much appreciated. 

Here are the approval emails. From bottom to up:

- Automated email is the Requester Email

- Approval Required 2:24pm: Regional Director

- Approval Required 2:25pm: VP Development

- Action Required 2:25pm: Accounting

- Approval Required 2:26pm: Regional Director *Not supposed to trigger

email dup.jpg

Here is an over view of my flow.

flow 1.jpg

flow 2.jpg

flow 3.jpg

It seems that the Regional Director email is triggering once Accounting approves.

flow 4.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @knandez05 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you have a flow to establish multi-level approval. But currently you are encountering duplicate approval emails.

Unfortunately, I’m not able reproduce your scenario. If possible, please kindly go to below website. We can combine several condition with ‘start and wait for an approval’ action to achieve that same purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRuqSLf1jBw

Meanwhile, if you persist use variable, you can also refer below article for details.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Microsoft-Power-Automate-Multi-Lev...

By the way, since there is no error message showing up, it’s difficult to find the incorrect step. I recommend you go to portal to request a remote troubleshooting support.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

@v-duann-msft Thank you Anna. I followed the you tube video process for my multi level flow. I'm still puzzled as to why my first step keeps triggering again. Thank you for the resources. I will continue to try to figure it out.

I made a copy of the flow to see if this would help and 1st level approval email is still triggering as described above. I have a copy of the code but cannot seem to attach it. I guess it is too long to attached as an embedded code. And if I attach as screenshots it would be 20 pages long. Any suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (61,569)