cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMyers
Regular Visitor

Approval Flow Gets Stuck at Approval Step, Even Though Approval Email is Sent and Approved

I have what I thought to be a relatively simple flow for approval of a leave request.  The leave request is a Microsoft Form.  When the form is submitted the flow creates a list item then sends an email to the requestor's manager for approval.  When testing the list items is created and the approval is emailed to the manager.  However, even if Approve is selected in the email, when I look at the flow is continues to wait at the "Start and wait for an approval step".  I don't understand how why it remains at the step after the approver clicks Approved in the email.  I would appreciate any insight into why this is happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KMyers ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

How many approvers are added in the request?

What is the Approval type for the request?

If you choose the Everyone must approve for the Approval type, the approval wouldn't finish until everyone has made the response, and if you and the approval would finish when an approver response to it, you could choose the First to respond for the Approval type.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@KMyers 

Please post a screen shot of your Flow.  That will be a big help to those trying to assist.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KMyers ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

How many approvers are added in the request?

What is the Approval type for the request?

If you choose the Everyone must approve for the Approval type, the approval wouldn't finish until everyone has made the response, and if you and the approval would finish when an approver response to it, you could choose the First to respond for the Approval type.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks everyone.  I was able to figure out the issue.  I will make  sure that I post the actual flow with any future questions.

@KMyers 

So others might benefit from your experience, can you please post how you solved your problem and also mark your post as Solved?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,200)