cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Approval Flow: Rejection Email Not Sending

Hello - I just realized the rejection email stopped working for some reason on a Leave Request Flow. Any ideas? The Approval email works fine. FYI: Outcome is not a Condition option in Dynamic options.

The rejection email used to work fine but does not now for some reason.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Its working for me today, had an influx of backlogged notifications come through last night. Whatever the issue was, Microsoft seems to have resolved it.

Thanks @Hardesh15 and @leeanna for you responses.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@leeanna 

I have tested Leave Request Template and it is working fine at my end. What kind of error are you getting?

Thanks

Hardesh

Highlighted

Hi @Hardesh15, thanks for the response. There is actually no error message - the flow is working correctly but the problem is the notification email that I created is not sending out. I'm using the "Send an email notification" under Mail. I need the employee to receive an email confirming that their leave request is approved or rejected.

I think there is an issue with this connector but can't figure out why.

Highlighted

Hi @leeanna and @Hardesh15 

I'm having the same issue, 'Send an email notification' says that it ran successfully for all my Flows but no email is received. I've tested flows manually and created a simple flow to that sends an email to my account, but nothing.

NareshTakashi_0-1602075267151.png

I've logged a request with my IT to check maccount@microsoft.com and microsoft@powerapps.com (this one specifically) aren't being blocked. Using the Outlook connector sends emails, but cant use that as it comes from my email.

Anyone else having issues? I have seen a couple of similar issues like this which all seem to say the issue just resolved itself.

Highlighted

@NareshTakashi @leeanna 

Can you both give a try to Send an email(V2) action?

Send an email notification (v3) has limit of 100 emails per 24hr. but i can confirm that i am salso not getting emails.

Edit-

More details from Microsoft Doc-

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sendmail/

Thanks

Hardesh

Highlighted

@NareshTakashi @Hardesh15 

Hi - I sent an email to our IT dept to whitelist the @sendgrid.net!  and microsoft@powerapps.com emails. Hopefully that solves it. The maccount@microsoft.com email is ok which sends the initial approval email to the managers.

This error just happened this past week as all was ok before then.

I am unable to use the send an email (V2) action as I get an on-premise error since it is an Outlook 365 connector.

I tried to use a Gmail connector to test out but no luck either.

For now, the only hack I have configured is to use the "send me an email notification" and then I can forward this to the employee when their leave request is approved/rejected.

Highlighted

@Hardesh15  - For me it works when using the send an email (V2) but I cant use that as its from my address.

@leeanna - I'd be interested to know how you get on. I haven't heard back from my IT dept yet, but will give it 24hours to see whether it works as expected tomorrow.

Thanks both.

Highlighted

@NareshTakashi @leeanna 

I have seen same thread is floating in another section. Someone confirms that this is issue recognized by Microsoft and they are working on it.

Thanks

Hardesh

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Its working for me today, had an influx of backlogged notifications come through last night. Whatever the issue was, Microsoft seems to have resolved it.

Thanks @Hardesh15 and @leeanna for you responses.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Unfortunately, it is still not working for me. I had IT whitelist the Sendgrid email but still nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (7,382)