cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeanna
Frequent Visitor

Approval Flow: Rejection Email Not Sending

Hello - I just realized the rejection email stopped working for some reason on a Leave Request Flow. Any ideas? The Approval email works fine. FYI: Outcome is not a Condition option in Dynamic options.

The rejection email used to work fine but does not now for some reason.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NareshTakashi
Helper I
Helper I

Its working for me today, had an influx of backlogged notifications come through last night. Whatever the issue was, Microsoft seems to have resolved it.

Thanks @Hardesh15 and @leeanna for you responses.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@leeanna 

I have tested Leave Request Template and it is working fine at my end. What kind of error are you getting?

Thanks

Hardesh

Hi @Hardesh15, thanks for the response. There is actually no error message - the flow is working correctly but the problem is the notification email that I created is not sending out. I'm using the "Send an email notification" under Mail. I need the employee to receive an email confirming that their leave request is approved or rejected.

I think there is an issue with this connector but can't figure out why.

Hi @leeanna and @Hardesh15 

I'm having the same issue, 'Send an email notification' says that it ran successfully for all my Flows but no email is received. I've tested flows manually and created a simple flow to that sends an email to my account, but nothing.

NareshTakashi_0-1602075267151.png

I've logged a request with my IT to check maccount@microsoft.com and microsoft@powerapps.com (this one specifically) aren't being blocked. Using the Outlook connector sends emails, but cant use that as it comes from my email.

Anyone else having issues? I have seen a couple of similar issues like this which all seem to say the issue just resolved itself.

@NareshTakashi @leeanna 

Can you both give a try to Send an email(V2) action?

Send an email notification (v3) has limit of 100 emails per 24hr. but i can confirm that i am salso not getting emails.

Edit-

More details from Microsoft Doc-

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sendmail/

Thanks

Hardesh

@NareshTakashi @Hardesh15 

Hi - I sent an email to our IT dept to whitelist the @sendgrid.net!  and microsoft@powerapps.com emails. Hopefully that solves it. The maccount@microsoft.com email is ok which sends the initial approval email to the managers.

This error just happened this past week as all was ok before then.

I am unable to use the send an email (V2) action as I get an on-premise error since it is an Outlook 365 connector.

I tried to use a Gmail connector to test out but no luck either.

For now, the only hack I have configured is to use the "send me an email notification" and then I can forward this to the employee when their leave request is approved/rejected.

@Hardesh15  - For me it works when using the send an email (V2) but I cant use that as its from my address.

@leeanna - I'd be interested to know how you get on. I haven't heard back from my IT dept yet, but will give it 24hours to see whether it works as expected tomorrow.

Thanks both.

@NareshTakashi @leeanna 

I have seen same thread is floating in another section. Someone confirms that this is issue recognized by Microsoft and they are working on it.

Thanks

Hardesh

NareshTakashi
Helper I
Helper I

Its working for me today, had an influx of backlogged notifications come through last night. Whatever the issue was, Microsoft seems to have resolved it.

Thanks @Hardesh15 and @leeanna for you responses.

Unfortunately, it is still not working for me. I had IT whitelist the Sendgrid email but still nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,729)