cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Approval Flow sends approval email daily to Approvers

Hi, Everyone.

Would like to seek your help about our Approval flow. It sends email daily to the approver. I don't know what's the cause, start and wait for an approval action was not inside an apply to each loop and we do not have any daily send notif action. Please refer on the image for the received emails by the approver.

Is there any update? What might cause resending of email? It sends email daily at the same time.
Note: Approver has set a rule in outlook to filter this emails and move it to a created folder in Outlook.

hdonato_0-1609142431569.png

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@hdonato  @tdhedhi  @JHT83 

It is my understanding that the Power Automate team is aware of this issue and that a fix will roll out soon - likely soon after the 1st of the year.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have exaxtly the same problem since a few days. The users receive a simple approval flow which they approve via outlook. If the user does not respond to the approval flow within 24 hours he receives the Mail again and again every day. How can I stop this? I just want them to receive the mail one time.

Thanks 🙂

Super User III
Super User III

@hdonato 

I suspect that there is an issue with the approval connector - I have seen other reports of this behavior and it was reported as a bug here.

The response to the bug report was that the issue could not be replicated.  I suggest commenting on the bug report to bring it to the attention of the Power Automate team.

Scott

Hi Scott, The bug you've linked to seems different. In the reported bug "it's been resending the same approve/reject email to the same user right after someone clicks on "Approve"."  The problem hdonato and JHT83 mentioned above and what I'm experiencing is that the daily email is sent if the recipient doesn't do anything after receiving the approval request (not upon clicking on "Approve").   This started about a week ago, seems like someone added daily reminder emails for pending approvals. Is there a way to turn off the daily emails?  Thanks 

Super User III
Super User III

@tdhedhi 

This appears to be a bug - there have numerous reports of similar behavior and I believe it to be a bug.  I am testing to to see if I can duplicate it.  My best suggestion is to report it as a bug in the "I found a bug" forum.  The Flow team does watch that forum.

Scott

Thanks for the suggestion Scott. I reported it as a bug here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/daily-emails-for-pending-approvals/m-p/780391

Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

Thanks for all your responses. Hope the bug will be fixed soon. Would highly appreciate your update here.

@hdonato  @tdhedhi  @JHT83 

It is my understanding that the Power Automate team is aware of this issue and that a fix will roll out soon - likely soon after the 1st of the year.

Scott

View solution in original post

That'll be great, thanks for the update!

Super User III
Super User III

@tdhedhi 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved - that will help others who have the same issue.

Scott
Advocate I
Advocate I

@ScottShearer 
Thanks for the update. Please let us know here if issue has been fixed. 

Hello @hdonato @ScottShearer @tdhedhi @JHT83 

sorrty to disturb, but may I know if this bug has been fixed. thanks!

Unfortunately not fixed until now

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (17,075)