cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l88we66

Approval action for multiple sharepoint list items

Hi, I have been trying to see if it's possible to send out an approval email via a flow for multiple sharepoint list items.

Every time I research it, it comes up with sending to multiple approvers but I can't find if it's possible to send multiple items in one approval email.

I have a large list that will have several items per organisation branch and I want to filter the items by branch and send an approval email to each branch with the list of items associated with it. Then they would approve or reject the individual items in the email.

I hope that makes sense.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Using an Adaptive card could potentially let you get multiple different responses on different links.  But that would be quite complex and completely seperate from the Approval action in Power Automate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There are two issues with this scenario.

1) Most approval flows are triggered based on a single item. So there is no easy way to include multiple items in a flow that is triggered based on a single item. After the flow is triggered you could always use a Get Items to get multiple other items to add based on organization, but the flow will be triggered based on a single item, based on time (recurrence), or manually based on no item.

2) The Approval action is designed to track a single approval. So even if you could find a way to include multiple items in the flow the approval only provides a single response per approver. 

You can have an approval process that works on multiple items, but its going to be an all or nothing approval.  All the items will be approved or rejected.

EduCon Chicago 2022

Thanks for your response. That's what I suspected. Might have to make do with sending a person many approval emails.

I've only just discovered Adaptive cards. Would this work for my scenario do you think? I'm not familiar with AC yet but I am looking into it.

Using an Adaptive card could potentially let you get multiple different responses on different links.  But that would be quite complex and completely seperate from the Approval action in Power Automate.

EduCon Chicago 2022

Thank you for your time, I will see what I can find out about adaptive cards.

Here's an article that explains how to use Adaptive Cards in Outlook.

Adaptive Cards for Outlook Actionable Messages using Power Automate | Power Platform | D365 Demystif...

EduCon Chicago 2022

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,691)