cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RexWang
Level: Power Up

Approval failed because of CDS

Hi everyone,

We have a flow working just fine for the past weeks, but the Approval step in the flow starting to fail today. The error message says: Error code: 'XrmInstanceProvisioningIncomplete'. Error Message: 'A Common Data Service database for this environment has not completed provisioning or does not support the requested approvals functionality. A database administrator must save a Flow using approvals in order to complete provisioning.'. The flow will fail after spending 20 minutes in this Approval step.

I tried to search for some solutions online but there was only one people asked about this error and there were no solutions yet. Then I found a blog talked about upgrading the Common Data Service in the default environment if the organisation wants to preserve Flow Approvals history and Approvals currently in transit.

I'm not sure if the upgrading issue is related to my error, and I can't upgrade USYD's CDS from my account. Here is the blog: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/remember-to-upgrade-your-previous-version-cds-database-to...

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this error? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval failed because of CDS

Hi @RexWang ,

As mentioned in the blog, if you want to use Flow Approval feature normally, you need to upgrade the previous version of CDS instance in Default Environment.

Please contact the administrator to upgrade your previous version Common Data Service database to ensure the normal use of Approval feature. For details, please refer to the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upgrade-your-previous-version-common-data-service-databas...

Also worth noting is Deadlines and extension mentioned in the blog. If you have not completed the upgrade before the specified deadline, you need to contact support to reconnect to the database.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,340)