1. Our Project Coordinator can upload a PDF to a list and enter the approvers needed.
2. It sends an approval e-mail out with Approve or Reject options.
3. Once approved or rejected, it sends an e-mail back to the Project Coordinator.
I'm having 2 issues:
1. No matter who uploads the PDF (creates), it shows up as Sent in my Approvals - we want the creator to be able to see it as Sent instead so that they can track it. I assume this is because I created the Flow. How do we set this up so that specific Project Coordinator who created the file has it in their Flow? Will I need them to create their own lists and Flows on those for them to track the Sent tasks?
2. Steps 1 and 2 are working, but the Flow ('Start approval when a new item is added') is failing and an e-mail is not going back to anyone saying that its been approved or rejected. Here is the error detail:
Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition' at line '1' and column '2700': 'The template language expression 'equals(body('Start_an_approval')?['response'], 'Approve')' cannot be evaluated because property 'response' cannot be selected. Array elements can only be selected using an integer index. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.
1) They will need a copy of the Flow running with their credentials for the Connector OAUth. You can change the credentials on the existing connection, but that's only going to be good for one person. It would be better to Export the existing Flow and have each user import it. When they import it they can create their own connections. Since the Trigger of the Flow is specific to the list, not the person running it you would need a seperate Document library for each Flow. Otherwise you'll end up wiht multiple Approvals for each PDF file.
2) Start approval when a new item is added' is an older template that uses an Old version of the Approvals action. Its good for a pattern, but I would recommend that you rebuild it from scratch and use the newer Start and Wait for an Approval V2 action. The older actions have been deprecated and may not work perfectly anymore. The templates just haven't all been updated yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.