cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Approval flow issues

Hi.

I need some help, I have a flow where I want to initiate an approval workflow by uploading a file to SharePoint I have used the trigger When a file is created or modified (properties only)(please feel free to come with better triggers if you have them). My problem is that during this approval process I want to change some column values in SharePoint and this will trigger the flow once more (not desirable). So I figured if I start the flow manually with a button and then add another trigger directly after that( above mentioned trigger).

AndreasYL_0-1600950425481.png

No to the issue with this, once I trigger the flow with the button and then I modify a file in the specified document library (I have tried both with and without folder reference) it won't trigger. Same set up of trigger at the top of the flow works fine.

Any suggestions?

BR

Andreas Larsson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Approval flow issues

There are two potential ways to handle this.

1) Keep the When a file is created or modified trigger, but after triggering check the modified time/date field and if it was modified in the last 5 minutes just stop the flow.  This assumes the changes are made by your flow after the document is uploaded but before the approval is issued since the approval could cause a much longer pause than 5 minutes.

2) Switch the trigger to For a Selected File.  You can then launch the flow from the context menu on the document in the library after the document is selected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There are two potential ways to handle this.

1) Keep the When a file is created or modified trigger, but after triggering check the modified time/date field and if it was modified in the last 5 minutes just stop the flow.  This assumes the changes are made by your flow after the document is uploaded but before the approval is issued since the approval could cause a much longer pause than 5 minutes.

2) Switch the trigger to For a Selected File.  You can then launch the flow from the context menu on the document in the library after the document is selected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi.

Your solutions sounds very interesting, I tried to find the trigger for solution 2 but can't find it in the list, could you sent a picture or something perhaps, it sounds like that solution would suit me best.

BR

Andreas Larsson

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I found it, I will test to see if this will work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,374)