cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
980Panama
Advocate II
Advocate II

Approval flow statusCode 429 rate limit is exceeded

I have run an approval flow this afternoon and received an error on 4 of the approvals with the message

429. The request failed. Response content: 'statusCode:429,message Rate limit is exceeded. Try again in 5 seconds.

Can you please let me know what this message means and how I can correct the approvals involved or re-run them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @980Panama,

How many times has your flow been triggered during one minute?

Error code 429 means that your quota of times you can ping a service in the interval that is predetermined.

I assume that you’ve got a number of approval requests within a given time that exceed the rate limit.

Please just try to reduce the amount of the requests sent in a given time to fix your issue.

Besides, I have seen a blog on the similar issue, please check it for a reference:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/07/16/microsoft-flow-error-429-rate-limit-is-exceeded-try-again-in-x-sec...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @980Panama,

How many times has your flow been triggered during one minute?

Error code 429 means that your quota of times you can ping a service in the interval that is predetermined.

I assume that you’ve got a number of approval requests within a given time that exceed the rate limit.

Please just try to reduce the amount of the requests sent in a given time to fix your issue.

Besides, I have seen a blog on the similar issue, please check it for a reference:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/07/16/microsoft-flow-error-429-rate-limit-is-exceeded-try-again-in-x-sec...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Many thanks Mabel it is good to have this explained and the article referenced is very good.

SO I am facing a similar issue for Azure DevOps Connector, it says it ha 60 per 60 seconds as the throttling limit. 

So my actual confusion is that is this limit applies to all the connectors of Azure DeVops together used in the flow run?

Since I am having 2 connectors "Create a Work item" and "Get Query resul" so if I make 60 runs in a minute these both will throttle after 30? or they will have their individual limit set to 60.? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,857)