cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Assistance with Adding a user to a Group

Hello gang,

I've been looking for solutions online to automatically add a user to a SharePoint 'Group' in the onboarding phase of my flow.

I'm attempting to do this with the 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint' module. This is designed to allocate users access to their department SharePoint page based on the permissions I've established.

HTTPrequest2.png
error message

HTTPrequest.png

I'm new to this, So I'm trying to make sense of this error I'm getting when testing this function.

- If someone could assist me in finding where to point the 'URI' address.HTTPrequest4.png

And how to validate this is the correct url addr.

- As well as how to find the group id (is that found in the url in the 'site permissions' (HTTPrequest3.png)

- In the 'Body' Am I correct in the assumption that this requires the {'type':'SP.User'} (referring to Share point user) And their associated 'LoginName'.

- And why I'm getting an invalid type response when I run this function. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @w0rmsp17 ,

You need to add two underscores in front of the metadata instead of one.

Please refer to this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Adding-users-to-a-SharePoint-Group/m-p/309811

In addition, you could refer to the SharePoint Rest API. Basically, all configuration of the body needs to start with __metadata, not _metadata.

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @w0rmsp17 ,

You need to add two underscores in front of the metadata instead of one.

Please refer to this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Adding-users-to-a-SharePoint-Group/m-p/309811

In addition, you could refer to the SharePoint Rest API. Basically, all configuration of the body needs to start with __metadata, not _metadata.

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,651)