cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imaliasad
Level: Powered On

Automated blank flow does not run automatically

Greetings all,

I've created an automated blank flow to run whenever a new file is created in the sharepoint library. However, when I insert a new file in the SharePoint library, the flow doesn't run. So, when I run the flow from the 'Test Run' the whole flow works perfectly. I'm not sure what the problem really is, would appreciate if someone helps me on this. Below is the flow definition for your kind reference. Thank you

Capture.PNG

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
imaliasad

Re: Automated blank flow does not run automatically

Hi @SamPo Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I've entered the 'Folder ID'  by clicking the folder icon on the right and I didn't enter it manually. The flow hasn't run since morning and here is the screenshot of the advanced setting. 

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @imaliasad ,

Are you sure you have created a new file in the folder “housekeepimages” to trigger the flow?

I have made a test on my side and don’t have the issue that you mentioned, when I create a new file in a folder, the trigger “When a file is created in a folder” would run successfully in my flow.

Best regards,

Mabel          

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
imaliasad

Sorry guys my bad, the flow run after some time, I was confused why it didn't run instantly. Thank you all for the answers. really appreciate it. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
SamPo
Level 10

Hi @imaliasad,

When you entered the 'Folder ID' in the trigger did you type this manually or did you choose it by clicking the folder icon on the right? If you entered it manually then try using the icon instead to make sure you have the correct identifier.

Secondly can you send a screenshot with the 'advanced options' open to see if there are any settings there that affect the flow.

Lastly keep in mind that depending on your license it can take a number of minutes before the flow runs after adding a new file. Check your logs and see if the flow ran at a later time.

Sam 

imaliasad

Hi @SamPo Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I've entered the 'Folder ID'  by clicking the folder icon on the right and I didn't enter it manually. The flow hasn't run since morning and here is the screenshot of the advanced setting. 

Capture.PNG

SamPo
Level 10

@imaliasad Hi,

Firstly make sure your flow is actually running correctly: Go to the logs page for your flow by clicking on 'all runs' then choose 'Checks (no new data)'

2019-07-16_0724.png

2019-07-16_0722.png

You should see checks running every interval - for example on my account this check runs every minute. If you don't see recent regular checks then make sure your flow is turned on (see the status field in the first screenshot).

Once that's confirmed, try actually creating a new file in the folder and not just copy a file there. From within sharepoint click 'New' and then choose your file type (or if you have it synced to your PC then right-click -> 'new').
I tried this now and it worked for me.

Sam

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @imaliasad ,

Are you sure you have created a new file in the folder “housekeepimages” to trigger the flow?

I have made a test on my side and don’t have the issue that you mentioned, when I create a new file in a folder, the trigger “When a file is created in a folder” would run successfully in my flow.

Best regards,

Mabel          

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

imaliasad

Hi @v-yamao-msft  thank you for the reply. I actually uploaded the file from the power app but I don't see the flow run automatically when the file upload finishes

Highlighted
imaliasad

Sorry guys my bad, the flow run after some time, I was confused why it didn't run instantly. Thank you all for the answers. really appreciate it. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,263)