cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automated e-mail not received, but works manually

I modified this flow template to get updates from an RSS feed.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f1af48a4661342b686ff2b649ada7780/get-...

• When I first created the flow, I got an e-mail as expected.
  • When I run the flow manually, I get an e-mail as expected.
  • But I never get an e-mail at the expected time.

The Run History shows a status of "succeeded" and inspecting the run shows that it went down the correct branches and sent the e-mail.

What might be happening?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Automated e-mail not received, but works manually

@BioTurboNick 

Check you junk email folder - you might find the emails there.  I notice that the template uses a send an email notification action - that's why I suspect that it might be in your junk mail.  You might also try substituting a Send email action for the send an email notification action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BioTurboNick ,

The email sent by Send an email action is created by a personal account, which is the owner of Flow, so it is an email sent by members in the organization.

The email sent by Send an email notification action is from maccount@microsoft.com, so it may be blocked by organizational policies that prevent you from receiving such emails. As suggested by @ScottShearer , you can consider using Send an email (v2) action. When configuring the email body, you can click the code icon to change view to code view and copy the original body to it.

In addition, regarding that you cannot receive emails at the expected time, you can set the time zone of the trigger and set the time zone to your local time zone.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@BioTurboNick 

Check you junk email folder - you might find the emails there.  I notice that the template uses a send an email notification action - that's why I suspect that it might be in your junk mail.  You might also try substituting a Send email action for the send an email notification action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Highlighted

Not in Junk. I noticed that Outlook.com can be... aggressive about black holing inbound e-mails.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll try that. Why might "Send email" work when "Send an email notification" doesn't?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BioTurboNick ,

The email sent by Send an email action is created by a personal account, which is the owner of Flow, so it is an email sent by members in the organization.

The email sent by Send an email notification action is from maccount@microsoft.com, so it may be blocked by organizational policies that prevent you from receiving such emails. As suggested by @ScottShearer , you can consider using Send an email (v2) action. When configuring the email body, you can click the code icon to change view to code view and copy the original body to it.

In addition, regarding that you cannot receive emails at the expected time, you can set the time zone of the trigger and set the time zone to your local time zone.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,346)