cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

BadRequest. The provided workflow action input is not valid

Our PowerApps developer left 6 months ago and no one was hired to take over.  I've been saddled with keeping the lights on without any real PowerApps or Flow experience.  Everything was great until 4 to 5 days ago when users reported that their PowerApps entries were not appearing in SharePoint Online.  I took at look at various Flows and they have all been failing 100% of the time whenever a "Create Item" is used.  I'm completely lost on the hows or whys this is now failing.  We have many flows pointing to many different SharePoint lists from different PowerApps and they all started failing at the same time.

I'm at a complete loss.  The flows are rather simple from what I can see.  Get the outputs from the PowerApp and put them into a corresponding field in SharePoint.  There hasn't been any Flow or PowerApps development and the SharePoint sites/permissions have changed either.

Please Help?

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Regular Visitor

Extra details, here is when it appears to have started (Times at UTC+10):

Capture.PNG

Turns out if you have a flow that has gone more than 1 year without an edit, you get this problem.  What a dumb thing!

Edit (make no changes) -> Save. This solves the issue.  I can then resubmit all of the failed flows.

Hey @ross73312 

Yes, it is a good practice to keep checking and updating the flows regularly (especially the ones for the prod type environments) There are new actions and changes to already available actions and connectors being made regularly so you might want to keep up with those as well. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

That is ludicrous.  We can't be doing that.  These are automated systems that are set up within service accounts to be left in the background.  We have 1000s of flows in the business more broadly and more coming online as SharePoint gets migrated from on-premise.  There is no notification process outside of logging into these service accounts and going directly into Flow.  Flow itself isn't a business area that has a person dedicated to it. It just isn't a specialty.  We have BI experts and we used to have a PowerApps expert (but no longer).

No other business process product that we've ever used has required such a thing because its just impractical.  What a great reason to abandon Flow for a competitor!

Hey @ross73312 

It would be ideal if flow was just a replacement to a traditional business process or workflow in an application or tool. But there is more to it than that and although you have configured it those for service accounts to run in the background, you will have to probably apply a maintenance strategy for these flows to run efficiently. 

There might be more features for better governance and management in flow but until then you can also check out the flow studio app that allows you to do that for a number of flows at once: https://flowstudio.app/ 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Which is exactly my concern.  It shouldn't be like that and its not advertised in such a manner.  Flow is baked in to the wider Power Platform/Office 365.  Everything is advertised and pushed as being a enterprise grade solution.  Our enterprise is applying standard practices and in this case we have set up a ticking time bomb.  The error message displayed and the way flow is communicated doesn't make it clear that you have to attend to your flows like its a 2 year old.

Flow is starting to look like a child's toy suitable only for small companies.

I am building to a flow to update the Ownership for all Dynamics 365 Processes to a new service account.

with default CDS connector:

Processes_Worfklow.JPG

With CDS Current environment connector:

Processes_Worfklow_CDSCE.JPG

I am updating only the owner id and value to update the "Processes" entity

process values.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (104,042)