cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omeriqbal
Level: Powered On

Bug: The output StartDate and EndDate of "When a new event is created (V2)" cannot be sent as inputs to "Get calendar view of events (V2)"

The output of "When a new event is created (V2)" is of the format: '2019-07-05T16:00:00.00 00:00'

This throws an error if used as input to "Get calendar view of events (V2)". For example:

Invalid value '2019-07-05T16:00:00.00 00:00' for parameter 'Start Time'.
clientRequestId: 5f173fe1-b0af-4b25-afde-328d14fbf452

I tested by manually editing this date, which worked. Then, as a workaround, I inserted "Convert time zone" which takes this input and outputs it to UTC time. (Good that this event can process such a value!)

Input to "Convert time zone":

{
  "baseTime": "2019-07-05T17:00:00.0000000+00:00",
  "formatString": "o",
  "sourceTimeZone": "UTC",
  "destinationTimeZone": "UTC"
}

Output (which was accepted by "Get calendar view of events (V2)"):

{
  "body": "2019-07-05T17:00:00.0000000Z"
}

I am reporting this so hopefully this can be fixed so that the output of the "When a new event is created (V2)" can be consumed directly by "Get calendar view of events (V2)".

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Bug: The output StartDate and EndDate of "When a new event is created (V2)" cannot be sent as inputs to "Get calendar view of events (V2)"

Hi @omeriqbal 

Thank you for posting this.

If I am picking you up correctly, you are aware the formats are diferent and are probably aware how to manipulate them to get your flow working using "Convert time zone" or more likely formatDateTime()

To allow the Flow team to review this and for your comments to gain the correct exposusre, please post this@ I Found A Bug

If you are struggling with the date formatting, please post back.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug: The output StartDate and EndDate of "When a new event is created (V2)" cannot be sent as inputs to "Get calendar view of events (V2)"

Hi @omeriqbal ,

Thank you for your feedback, I can reproduce the same issue on my side.

It seems that "+" is ignored during the execution of the action, so it is judged to be the invalid value.

I will report this issue on my side, if there are any updates, I will post back.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @omeriqbal ,

This issue has been solved, please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,066)