cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rele_2018
Frequent Visitor

Can I approve under My approvals?

I have set up an approval workflow using Flow. There seems to be a bug in updating sharepoint list using the "My approvals received" in Flow, vs approving requests using the email interface. I included an "update item" in my workflow to update the approval status in Sharepoint list.

When I approve requests using the email interface, the sharepoint list gets updated with the approval status (whether approve or rejected). However, when I or my colleague approve requests using the flow interface (see pic below on what I meant by Flow interface), the approval status in the sharepoint list remains blank and does not get updated. I have no idea why this happens. Anyone can shed light on why this happens?

flow-approval flow.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Can I approve under My approvals?

Hi @rele_2018,

Could you share all the screenshots of your Flow configuration?

Do you mean that the item is not updated when the received request is approved in Approvals?

I did the test on my side, did not complete the approval in the mail, but completed the approval directly in the Approvals, the item is updated as expected.

I created a column to hold the approval results, and also set the list-Require content approval for submitted items.

This is the flow I configured. When created an item, I will approve it. After the approval is completed, update the item according to the Response and set approval status.

50.PNG

When I triggered Flow and completed the approval in Approvals instead of in the email, the item was updated as expected and the problem you mentioned did not appear.

51.PNG

Please try again or provide your configuration.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
rele_2018
Frequent Visitor

I did not use the step "set content approval status". I simply ask Flow to update the item as per the response from approver (either Approve or Regject) from the step "condition".

In addition, in my list settings, I did not enable "require content approval for submitted items".

Is that right?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rele_2018,

The test I provided already shows that after the approval is completed in Approvals, the update item is working normally and the item is updated as expected.

The screenshot of SharePoint is the item that was used to trigger Flow creation when I tested it.

In the beginning, I just added Title to 1, the Status field is empty, and there is no assignment. After the Flow is executed, the value of the Status field is updated to Approve.

So, it is feasible to complete the approval in Approvals and complete the approval in the email.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,324)