cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Can anyone tell me why this flow fails to run properly when triggered multiple times?

Hi, 

I am trying to make a Microsoft Flow for Dynamics 365 CRM Sales assistant card, but it is giving error which I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Below are the details of the error that i am getting along with the screenshot of the assistant card.

Error Details: 

{
"code": 400,
"source": "ActionCardFlowService",
"message": "Empty \"Action input entity type\". Choose value from drop down and try again",
"innerError": " at Microsoft.Crm.Assistant.Odata.Helpers.ActionCardFlowResolver.<ExtractActionCardDetailsAsync>d__3.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Assistant.Odata.Helpers.ActionCardFlowResolver.<ResolveEntity>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Assistant.AzureFunctions.ActionCardCreate.<CreateActionCard>d__1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Assistant.AzureFunctions.ActionCardCreate.<Run>d__0.MoveNext()"
}
1.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Can anyone tell me why this flow fails to run properly when triggered multiple times?

Hi @WaleedBinAfzal 

Can you please share an expanded screenshot of the entire flow (barring any sensitive information). Please note that the error states "Choose value from drop down and try again" and  I am guessing that somewhere in a defined set of options a custom value has been entered and that is not getting recognised. Can you please check and confirm this?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can anyone tell me why this flow fails to run properly when triggered multiple times?

"message""Empty \"Action input entity type\". Choose value from drop down and try again",

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi WaleedBinAfzal

You may need to start this action off in a (Apply to Each) and the who need to choose something in the drop down.

The error code says:  "message""Empty \"Action input entity type\". Choose value from drop down and try again", try putting in a value here to help tell the flow what you want there.

I hope this helps and if it does please like and make this answer as solved.

All the best and hope you come right.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Users online (5,038)