Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khan321
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can i run multiple flow?

Hi EveryOne 🙂

I have a flow, which populates email, attches file from oneDrive and then sends it to the person. 

And then i have another  flow which will save the same emails from "sent " folder in outlook to sharepoint. 

My question to this amazing community is that, is it OK to run both flows at the same time, Or it will give issues?

Thanks in Advance for help 🙂

BR, 

Naji

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Khan321 

Currently everything looks fine. I hope thats 1 email per 1 flow, not 600 emails in a single flow. Hehe :D.

Just check limitations for all your actions. Like send email of outlook 365 has a limit of 30 mails per minute and 10000 mails per day, which I am not sure increases with purchased license of Power Automate or not. Are you using free or purchased license?

Check limitations once of all the actions and also do test your flows with 1000 emails. If you are sure there will be 600 mails per day. Just test it with 1000. And if it runs perfectly, you will be good.

Saw that 30 mails per minute limit in this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/PowerApps-Office365Outlook-SendEmail-limi...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Khan321 

Yes, they can work simultaneously. But I see some issues here. Maybe the 1st flow isnt finished, then the second flow might give an error. Btw, what is the trigger for second flow?

My suggestion would be to use parent and child flows here. So, in your parent flow, you can keep the 1st flow and as the 1st flow finishes, it will call the second flow, which you can make a child flow. By, this there would be no issues I mentioned above.

For parent and child flows, you can only make them in a solution. Giving you some links that will help you in your approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLhwnZ5JRvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw2vOF-er8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwL8w5Lqjjg

If you liked the answer, you can accept this as a solution and if you liked the explanation, you can give a thumbs up too. 🙂

Khan321
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Sundeep_Malik  Thanks for your reply:)

Let me explain both flows 🙂

The first flow(Manual flow) populates and sends email

and

the second flow (Automatic flow) "When a new email arrives" in send folder.   

The second flow will only triggers when a new email arrives.  Will it stil give an Error?

BR,

Naji 

Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Khan321 

Yup, now it looks fine. Now there will be no error.

And now no need to create parent and child flows.

The question that you had asked above, that both flows will run at same time, thats not there anymore, second flow will run after first flow ends.

Just the only concerning part will be, the subject filter you have given in the 2nd flow. I hope you have given it right, that it only captures the email that was made in the first flow. Rest everything looks good. 🙂

Khan321
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Sundeep_Malik  Thanks again  🙂

Sorry have problem in explaining.  There is  one more detail 🙂

Flow will be sending about 600 mails so there will be sending email and saving emails at the same time.  So both flow will work at same time.  🙂 

No Issue ?

BR, 

Naji

Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Khan321 

Currently everything looks fine. I hope thats 1 email per 1 flow, not 600 emails in a single flow. Hehe :D.

Just check limitations for all your actions. Like send email of outlook 365 has a limit of 30 mails per minute and 10000 mails per day, which I am not sure increases with purchased license of Power Automate or not. Are you using free or purchased license?

Check limitations once of all the actions and also do test your flows with 1000 emails. If you are sure there will be 600 mails per day. Just test it with 1000. And if it runs perfectly, you will be good.

Saw that 30 mails per minute limit in this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/PowerApps-Office365Outlook-SendEmail-limi...

Khan321
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Sundeep_Malik   

🤣Yes 1 flow with 1 email 🙂

I am using following.  I think i have the purchase one.

Does it say?

Khan321_0-1668598971335.png

BR,

Naji

Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Khan321 

Yup that per user plan shows that you have a purchased license. So, just test your flow once, that it is able to handle everything. From my side it looks good. It should run without any problems.

Khan321
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Sundeep_Malik  Thank You for your help and patience.  I will try as you said.  

BR, 

Naji

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,132)