cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Change Created by in Sharepoint List

Hi dears,

I have a list which is populated by me, and i want to share it with a lot of users. Users should see items only related to them.

I couldn't use item level permissions due to "created by" value (it`s me) and it is not visible for end user.

So I want to change "created by" value

Column is looks like:

Title | Attribute 1 | Attribute 2 | Responsible Person |

Responsible person column is "Person/Group" type and contains user to which I want to grant permissions to view/edit item.

I saw some solutions like this  but its too complicated for me. I tried a lot of times but always receive an issues

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

@Farhat 

Pls edit your default view and configure filter as Created by eq [Me] OR Responsible Person eq [Me]. now with this filter you will always see list items and responsible person will see only his/her items.

Thanks

Hardesh

I had the same problem and this was the solution I employed. 

Regular Visitor

I know about this workaround, but it is not secure. so no other options...

thanks to everyone

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (45,543)