cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bailey_rende

Cloud automated flows deleting themselves

Everytime I create an automated cloud flow, the flow deletes itself if I'm inactive on the site (1hr or so) or offline (computer asleep or locked). I've tried several different flows, and they all run successfully with no fails. Even so, they all end up deleting themselves. Am I misunderstanding or doing something wrong? Or is it maybe something to do with my license type?

my flow infomy flow infogot automatically deletedgot automatically deleted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bailey_rende

For anyone wondering, I've confirmed with my IT department that it's because of the default environment I'm in. Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Blurryface
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @bailey_rende - this is unusual. There may be an admin setup to remove Flows from the environment you are creating them on. Is anyone else having this issue? Also if you create Flows on a different environment does the Flows automatically delete?

Let me know how you get on, thanks!

I'm not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I think you're right. It must have something to do with my environment. The environment name also has "(Upgrade)" on it, which seems like the CDS database was never able to update from version 1 to version 2 (Microsoft updated the CDS database used by every environment from version 1 to version 2 a few years ago). Also, when I go to PowerApps admin center, no environments show up. On Power Automate, I'm connected to an environment, but it's in Japan and I'm in the U.S.

Blurryface
Resolver I
Resolver I

I'd link in with your Power Platform admins to check whether this is a widespread issue for all Power users or if you can provision your own environment and try create flows from there? Depending on whether your flows are for personal use or business critical processes you may want to consider an environment strategy to support your deployment process of flows to other users in the organization. 😀

Hopefully this information helps - thanks! @bailey_rende 

bailey_rende

For anyone wondering, I've confirmed with my IT department that it's because of the default environment I'm in. Thanks!

Is your company automatically deleting flows created in the default environment? I am curious because we don't really want our employees creating flows either unless they have been trained and accepted the IT terms of use for Power Apps. Automaticaly deleteing flows put into the default environment would be an interesting way to handle that, although frustrating for employees. 

Yes, that is correct. They're creating separate environments for Power Automate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,364)