cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ag3333
Regular Visitor

Collecting Multiple Form Responses on One List

I'm collecting event details through a Microsoft Form and a List, and it's working well. The general format is that an applicant fills out the form with preliminary details, and these are populated in a List on a single row. Later, I'll send out a second form with final details that I want to collect on the same List. 

Is there a way to have these preliminary and final details populate on the same row automatically, if the event name entered (first column) is the same? If they are different, I'd want it to create a new row, in the event of spelling errors, etc. 

I attached a screenshot of the current flow. I understand how to get the second form responses to populate in the appropriate columns of the List, just not sure how to not have them appear as an entirely new row. 

2 REPLIES 2
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ag3333  create a flow that takes the response of second form, then add Get Items action to get data from the list with Filter Query EventName eq 'select value of event name from dynamic content of form'. If Get Item returns any record, that means the event is already added and you can use Update Item to update data from second form to the item returned by Get Items.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you very much, I'll give that a shot. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,144)