cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngeloA
Helper III
Helper III

Common Data Service (Current Environment) Problem Updating a lookup field with a GUID

Hi,

I'm trying to update a lookup field with the GUID, in this case a contact, but am getting the error:

Resource not found for the segment 'd5e920bc-c375-eb11-a812-000d3adbc1d4'

VolAGreementFlow.png

So, I search for a Contact, if the search returns only one record, I create a new record in another entity and update the lookup field with the contact GUID but am getting the error:

Resource not found for the segment 'd5e920bc-c375-eb11-a812-000d3adbc1d4'

It used to work fine with the CDS connector, but am trying to use the CDS Current Environment.  Any tips please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @AngeloA,

You try and use the following approach. Btw, amend it to whatever the plural name of your entity is.

people(guid)

As far as I am aware with lookups you need to specify the entity around it:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/microsoftdynamicscrmsolutions/posts/solved-resource-not-found-f...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @AngeloA,

You try and use the following approach. Btw, amend it to whatever the plural name of your entity is.

people(guid)

As far as I am aware with lookups you need to specify the entity around it:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/microsoftdynamicscrmsolutions/posts/solved-resource-not-found-f...

Thanks @Expiscornovus just gotta bear in mind to use the plural schema name rather than display name.  Thanks! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,567)