cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Compare Dates no longer working

Compare dates is no longer working. I have no idea what went wrong but it broke within the past month.

I can't seem to upload the images here so here is an imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/ZouwYkJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Compare Dates no longer working

Hi @atltt ,

I recommend that you use utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd') because the utcNow() output is Date and Time, which contains time.

The value of the field you are comparing seems to contain only the date, and the format is yyyy-MM-dd, so you need to format utcNow() into a consistent format.

In addition, you could use Compose above on the Condition to output the value of the Date field and the value of utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd') to see if their actual values are equal.

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@atltt 

Hi there.  So, are you saying that this exact flow was working, and now it's not?  I'm wondering what the output from the previous step looks like.  Would you be able to post the JSON that includes the date information from the SharePoint grab?

Thanks!

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @atltt ,

Please try to use utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd').

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@v-bacao-msft Still does not work.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Updated to today: 

"NextCalibrationDate": "2019-11-11" so it should be working with utcNow().
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @atltt ,

I recommend that you use utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd') because the utcNow() output is Date and Time, which contains time.

The value of the field you are comparing seems to contain only the date, and the format is yyyy-MM-dd, so you need to format utcNow() into a consistent format.

In addition, you could use Compose above on the Condition to output the value of the Date field and the value of utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd') to see if their actual values are equal.

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks, this and adding the column date as 'yyyy-MM-dd' as well made it work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,565)