cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
lardo5150
Microsoft
Microsoft

Compare Excel & SharePoint List taking over 30 minutes

There has to be a better way here.

I have an excel spreadsheet with a table that I am pulling rows for.

The spreadsheet is kept on our SPO Site.

I am comparing this sheet to a list we have on our SPO site.

I am them updating fields in the SPO site from the spreadsheet.

So everyday at 5am, this starts and I have a do until for it to run every 10 minutes till 9pm.

So it gets the excel

Gets the SPO List

If an item from the spreadsheet is equal to an item in SPO List, we then update that part in the list with the info from Excel.

There are only around 55 rows total for both, so it is NOT huge.

I got to around row 37 in the SPO List, at around 30 minutes.  This is not working as I intended.

Can someone take a look at this and tell me what I am doing wrong, and how I can improve the performance?

 

lardo5150_0-1619391574749.png

 

lardo5150_1-1619391574757.png

 

lardo5150_2-1619391574762.png

 

lardo5150_3-1619391574767.png

 

3 REPLIES 3
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@lardo5150 

The only thing i can think of is to loop on the Excel Rows and on the Get Items add a filter ODATA expression to get the Item you want to update instead of navigating all items on your sharepoint list.

 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
ajdhingr
Microsoft
Microsoft

@lardo5150  I second with @Mira_Ghaly 

Please check an example below

ajdhingr_0-1619401479209.png

 

lardo5150
Microsoft
Microsoft

Ok, I figured this out.  I did put a filter, but I don’t think that is what my issue was.

 

I started messing with the source data, and found that the flow is looping non stop.  So it is running through the process all over again.

I have the recurrence set to run every 10 minutes, with a start time each day of about 5am.

I have the whole process in a Do Until, with it stopping the flow around 10pm each night.

Do I have this set wrong?

How do i start this each day at a certain time, run on an interval, and then stop at a certain time?

I want it to start at 5am and run until 10pm. 

It is just looping through though.

 

formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'hh-mm-ss')

 

formatDateTime('01:00', 'hh-mm-ss')

 

lardo5150_0-1619440396991.png

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (61,173)