cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
PaulLobaugh
Regular Visitor

Complex values must only contain property annotations for existing properties - Update planner task details

I'm getting the following error seemingly at random when attempting to update a planner task description and referenced alias

 

--

The request is invalid:
One or more property annotations for property 'https%3A//SHAREPOINT PATH/Order 11_12 PO 4839 11_12_2019 10_04 AM_7d817d06-5a13-aa57-0236-f2ce9eafcc67' were found in the complex value without the property to annotate. Complex values must only contain property annotations for existing properties.

--

 

Not sure what this means, this flow has been running for weeks without issue as well and now multiple occurrences of this are popping up randomly. Any ideas?

 

The flow takes an email from a shared mailbox, makes a file on sharepoint, then makes and updates a planner task detail from that file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulLobaugh
Regular Visitor

Excuse my somewhat frantic topic above, these flows that were broken were somewhat business critical so i was hoping to receive any kind of answer quickly.

 

I seem to have solved this by changing the name of the files being created on sharepoint. The 'Update Planner task details' did not like the fact that the name of the file i was attaching to it from sharepoint included the internet message ID dynamic content (despite it not being a problem for weeks prior).

 

Once i removed this the task was able to complete successfully. The reason I had included the message ID in the title was to ensure that the filenames were not being duplicated (the files are created from emails (.EML's) and named after subjects. Duplicate subjects caused files to be overwritten with the newest run). To still get this uniqueness in each filename i instead initialized a random variable with rand(1,100000) and added that to the end of the filename. I cant see planner ever having issues with a regular ol' string being attached to the end instead of dynamic content.

 

 

Keeping this up in case anyone else runs into a similar issue in the future.

 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaulLobaugh
Regular Visitor

Excuse my somewhat frantic topic above, these flows that were broken were somewhat business critical so i was hoping to receive any kind of answer quickly.

 

I seem to have solved this by changing the name of the files being created on sharepoint. The 'Update Planner task details' did not like the fact that the name of the file i was attaching to it from sharepoint included the internet message ID dynamic content (despite it not being a problem for weeks prior).

 

Once i removed this the task was able to complete successfully. The reason I had included the message ID in the title was to ensure that the filenames were not being duplicated (the files are created from emails (.EML's) and named after subjects. Duplicate subjects caused files to be overwritten with the newest run). To still get this uniqueness in each filename i instead initialized a random variable with rand(1,100000) and added that to the end of the filename. I cant see planner ever having issues with a regular ol' string being attached to the end instead of dynamic content.

 

 

Keeping this up in case anyone else runs into a similar issue in the future.

 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,859)