cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcorning
Level 8

Conditional converse

My eyesight isn't all that good, my wife tells me I often experience deliberate blindness, and my advancing age doesn't help; but to get my Condition to work requires that i use the converse of my logic.

In pictures, only the Condition below sends the flow of control to the right path. I have not seen this anomaly in any other Condition...on the other hand, I haven't felt the need (until now) to look.

2017-01-05 (2).pngCondition that "works" backwards

I suppose i could try a simpler repro, but regardless, i'd like to know why my specific case is illogical.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mcorning
Level 8

Re: Conditional converse

I have merged my two flows so that i can always see the failed run. i will follow your instructions on future posts.

and to be clear, one of the messages i see that concerns me is the one that says "microsoft.com is not responding." when i see that, i switch to Chrome, and i have yet to see Chrome raise that responding message (though i cannot predict what makes Chrome more reliable).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Microsoft Employee

@mcorning Hi - can you please provide me with a little more information about this?

Do you know if Source has case-sensitive values here? Are you sure you need the double-quotes around BRB in the conditional?

When you say "right path", do you mean the "correct path" or the path on the right (as in False/NO)?

Lastly, if you can provide with the Flow ID (while editing the Flow, copy the URL from there and paste it in your response here).

Thanks!

Jade

mcorning
Level 8

in this case, "right" has both meanings. <g/>

i find it counterintuitive that a string need no quotes, but when i removed them, the path went to the left which, given my logical converse, i expected.

now i'll try the test by returning to normal logic. standy...

mcorning
Level 8

ok, the Big Red Button now travels down the correct path.

but here again, Flows that trigger off new records is so problematic, that i'm on the verge of reverting to my original design where all flows are in one Flow.

also, is there any reason a flow like this would cause a microsoft.com is not responding error?

2017-01-05 (3).png

Microsoft Employee

@mcorning Depends on the actual error message. Where do you see the error message?

Can you please share the flow run URL so I can take a closer look?

Thanks,

Jade

mcorning
Level 8

ah, so that's how i can share details with you guys. <g/>

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/8d422bf6-1ec9-4337-b4d3-1ad19f074a98/flows/2df221ab-5...

does that work for you?

did i just open myself up for a security vector?

and i'm going to try editing in Chrome to see if the behavior is similar or the same...

Microsoft Employee

@mcorning Sorry for the late response.

Do not worry - only you or someone from our tech support staff should be able to access your Flows.

To make the investigation quicker, it is best to give the URL for a specific run, as follows:

1. Click on "My flows"
  2. For the failing flow, click on the "i" within the circle
  3. Click on a run that is affected by the error message you saw
  4. Copy that URL here

Thank you and sorry for not giving the verbose instructions earlier.

mcorning
Level 8

I have merged my two flows so that i can always see the failed run. i will follow your instructions on future posts.

and to be clear, one of the messages i see that concerns me is the one that says "microsoft.com is not responding." when i see that, i switch to Chrome, and i have yet to see Chrome raise that responding message (though i cannot predict what makes Chrome more reliable).

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,087)