cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Connector Search User - User not found - Applying logic for User not found

Hello 

Am trying to apply logic for a case whereby a user may not be found when using the connector Search User. The body returns [] for when a user is not found.

image.png

Nonetheless I have tried to apply the following logic and still no luck, such as 

equals(length(body('Search_for_users')), 0)

equals(length(body('Search_for_users')), 0)

To stop the process from looping, I have put in a condition if Display Name is not equal to "Input field" then send me a notification.

image.png

The flow does not ever get to this point but seems to execute the "no" condition 

image.png

image.png

Basically, if user is not found I want the next step to be send me a notification. Has anyone been able to apply logic when user not found ? At this stage body contains [ ] 

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Connector Search User - User not found - Applying logic for User not found

Hi @cxc2 

Use condition action in Flow

length(body('Search_for_users')) is equal to 0
length(body('Search_for_users')) - expression

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connector Search User - User not found - Applying logic for User not found

Hello Reza

Thanks for your feedback. I have tried to apply the logic but still does not work. Irrespective if a valid user name has been entered, the flow seems to loop through a list of names. I had to cancel the flow as I was worried that it was looping and sending off incorrect emails to users.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (9,578)