cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Convert a SharePoint group column to single line text in another SharePoint list

I have set up a SharePoint list for HR group orientation with one group column (people picker type) to store the trainees' names. I want the trainees' to sign a confirmation form in another SharePoint list. Is it possible to convert this SharePoint group colum with up to 30 names to a single line text or person people picker column in another SharePoint list using Flow?

Thanks in advance.

Pei Pei

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Convert a SharePoint group column to single line text in another SharePoint list

Hi @ppei,

Do you want to get the trainees' names contained in the group column in the initial list, and then use these names to store in another list using single line text type column?

You could try following workaround:

Use Get items action to get the item in the initial list, and then create an item in another list.

11.PNG

It work, as below:

12.PNG

13.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Convert a SharePoint group column to single line text in another SharePoint list

Hi @ppei,

You could replace Manually trigger with When an item is created.

Take a try.

Regards,

Barry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ppei,

Do you want to get the trainees' names contained in the group column in the initial list, and then use these names to store in another list using single line text type column?

You could try following workaround:

Use Get items action to get the item in the initial list, and then create an item in another list.

11.PNG

It work, as below:

12.PNG

13.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Barry,

Great! That's exactly what I want to complish! Five stars! Thank you very much!

Pei Pei

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Barry,

The first run is good, but if I run again, all trainees are copied to the new list again. Is it possible to only copy the newly added trainees?

Thanks,

Pei

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ppei,

You could replace Manually trigger with When an item is created.

Take a try.

Regards,

Barry

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

I tested and it worked. Thank you for your support, Barry!

Pei

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (6,383)