cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonnie
Level: Powered On

Copy Attachment in Flow

I have a Flow which copies an attachemnt in a list and moves it with metadata into a sharepoint document library.

However I have noticed that my name goes into the created by column - even when I dont run the flow. 

Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 18.42.48.png

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Copy Attachment in Flow

HI @Vonnie 

That might be because your credentials are being used in the connections for the flow. Can you share more details on this? Do you have any co owner for this flow? 

Do you have any run only users for this? If so, you need to enable the option for the run oly users to provide their connection and not use yours for the flow. 

dih.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Vonnie

Hi  

Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 19.56.41.png

Super User
Super User

@Vonnie 

Can you share details on the trigger that you are using on the flow?

Vonnie

I am using When an Item is created for the trigger.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Vonnie ,

It is a known issue that you will be the creator of the files even though you are not the one who triggers the flow, as the connection is using your account credentials.

A workaround for this issue is using the trigger For a selected item. Users create the item with attachments first, then select the item to trigger the flow.

When using For a selected item trigger, we are able to specify Run only users, so that the item will be created using the connection of user who created the item.

1.PNG

The flow is configured likes below for your reference:

2.PNG

Here is a blog could be your reference:

https://www.chakkaradeep.com/2018/05/22/managing-owners-and-users-for-your-sharepoint-list-flows/

Best regards,

Mabel  

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vonnie

The items are getting added via PowerApps I was using the Submit then triggering the workfow to cooy the items (with attachments) into the document library.

The users wont be able to select the item as everyhting is done via the PowerApp. I am having to copy the items awith attachments as you can not load into a document libary from PowerApp.

I have started to add the items via a Flow from the submit button in PowerApps so the additions of items and the copy are carried out together in Flow to get over the createdby field problem. However I am struggling with the attachment part I'm not sure how to get the attachment properties ouu of PowerApps.Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 13.18.43.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 479 members 4,741 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: