Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Zoul
Level: Power Up

Copy Specific files from one folder to another

Hello All,

I thank you in advance for your help.

Let's say for example purposes that a school has folders in sharepoint for each of its students.

There is a staging folder where all documents are stored. The title of a document starts with the student id.

How do we use Flow to fetch a document from a staging area and send it to its designated destination folder.

Where document with title starting with 123 will be sent to folder designated to store 123 files?

Is this an action possible with Flow or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy Specific files from one folder to another

Hi zoul,

Yes, we could take use of the SharePoint-create file action. But for different values, we might need to add multiple condition to check, currently variables is not supprted under Microsoft Flow.

57.PNG

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sstrausbaugh
Level: Powered On

With the new actions that were released last week to get file properties, would this be something you could do? Like the original poster, I need to only copy files from one library to another based on a value in a column associated with the file. 

If I do a blank template and use "When a file is created or modified (properties only" I can read the column and then based on the value do another action such as send a notification. However, the Create file action does not have File name and File content values available to it, just the file properties/columns as seen in this screenshot.

2017-08-31_10-04-06.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to do something similar where I want to copy a file within a specific folder to a specific SharePoint site, but there's about 40 folders.  I'm hoping I don't have to create 40 separate flows.  How can I move each file within the folder to the corresponding folder on multiple SharePoint sites using a single flow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 191 members 5,427 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: