cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
earlbrian
Helper II
Helper II

Copy list item details from one list to another

On my Upload New Document list, I created customized columns to be filled out by users once they upload a document. On clicking "Save" it will trigger an approval process, if approved the item will be created in "Approved Submission" list. My issue is, the created item doesn't copy the information provided by the uploader when they filled-out the form. The table will only show "Title", "Created" and "Created By".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bibhupanigrahi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @earlbrian , thank you for confirming the solution. Could you please mark it as a valid answer? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bibhupanigrahi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @earlbrian , I believe you are you using the 'When a file/item is created' trigger for the flow. Since the custom columns are not filled at the time of file creation, those values are not available to the file creation trigger. Instead of sending the approval immediately after the trigger, you can insert a delay for a few minutes after the trigger, and then pull the item details again with a 'Get item' action. If users have filled the custom field details by the time 'Get item' runs, it will get those values. Hope this helps!

earlbrian
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @bibhupanigrahi,

Yes, I'm using "When a file/item is created" trigger for the flow. How do I go about inserting the delay?

Apologies, I just started using this a few days ago to create a document library with automation for all our files.

bibhupanigrahi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @earlbrian , there is a Delay action available. Just search for the keyword 'delay' when adding a new action:

delay-action.jpg 

earlbrian
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the solution @bibhupanigrahi .

bibhupanigrahi
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @earlbrian , thank you for confirming the solution. Could you please mark it as a valid answer? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,141)