cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dvictor881
Level: Powered On

Create O365 Calendar Event/Invite User(s)

I am trying to send out an outlook calendar invite when user RSVP to an event in PowerApps. I see that there are 2 options to achieve this:

1) You can create an event in user Outlook calendar

2) Send user an invite and let them accept it 

In flow, I am able to find first option with "Office 365 Outlook - create event (V1/V2)" but this doesn't work as I want to post the event to the user calendar who RSVP and not to any shared calendar. I ran into issues with this approach where I am only able to create an event on my calendar as I am the owner of the Flow but all other users are not able to do it because of permissions issue.

Second option, I am hoping that I can achieve this through flow where I can send the calendar invite to users when they RSVP to that event as it doesn't need that permission approval but I couldn't find any action for that. Can you please suggest if it is possible and what's the best way to achieve this functionality? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create O365 Calendar Event/Invite User(s)

Hi @Dvictor881,

Could you please share a bit more about the RSVP that you mentioned?

Further, could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

I think your second thought could achieve your needs. I assume that you could obtain the email address of the user who you want to invite to attend in your Outlook event.

• If you want to send a event invite of a new Outlook event to users, please take a try with the following workaround:15.JPGAdd a "Create event (V2)" action within your flow, type the email address of the users you want to invite within Required attendees field.

The flow works successfully as below:17.JPG

• If you want to send a event invite of an existing Outlook event, you should find the existing event at first, then update the existing event with "Update event (V2)" action. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:16.JPG

Within "Apply to each" action, add a "Update event (V2)" action, type the email addresses of the users who you want to send event invite within Required attendees field.

The flow works successfully as below:18.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dvictor881,

Could you please share a bit more about the RSVP that you mentioned?

Further, could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

I think your second thought could achieve your needs. I assume that you could obtain the email address of the user who you want to invite to attend in your Outlook event.

• If you want to send a event invite of a new Outlook event to users, please take a try with the following workaround:15.JPGAdd a "Create event (V2)" action within your flow, type the email address of the users you want to invite within Required attendees field.

The flow works successfully as below:17.JPG

• If you want to send a event invite of an existing Outlook event, you should find the existing event at first, then update the existing event with "Update event (V2)" action. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:16.JPG

Within "Apply to each" action, add a "Update event (V2)" action, type the email addresses of the users who you want to send event invite within Required attendees field.

The flow works successfully as below:18.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I have created an action in flow just like the one you created, but every time a user in my organization besides me runs the flow, it fails and the "Create event" action shows "Not found".  Are you able to help fix this?

I have added a screenshot of the action failing.  Thank you.

CreateEvent.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I have created an action in flow just like the one you created, but every time a user in my organization besides me runs the flow, it fails and the "Create event" action shows "Not found".  Are you able to help fix this?

I have added a screenshot of the action failing.  Thank you.

CreateEvent.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 392 members 6,256 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: