cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Create Sharepoint List Item as Respondent from MS Form

I have an MS Form that associates use to inform if they missed a punch or need to adjust their timecard. I'd like to have the SharePoint item that this is stored in for historical purposes to show as the Respondent's name in the "Created by" field of the Sharepoint list. Is this possible? I assume I have to get their email from the respondent section and get their profile, but how do I run the following action as that person?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create Sharepoint List Item as Respondent from MS Form

Hi @atupeck-mtg ,

Created by is a metadata column, and the value of this field cannot be configured in Power Automate. Its field value will be automatically generated.

As suggested by @ChristianAbata, please consider creating a new person field and then populating the responder’s email in this field

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @atupeck-mtg  in the default field created by not friend but I suggest you to create a new column field named Created by Name, and then you can use it to store the value.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @atupeck-mtg ,

Created by is a metadata column, and the value of this field cannot be configured in Power Automate. Its field value will be automatically generated.

As suggested by @ChristianAbata, please consider creating a new person field and then populating the responder’s email in this field

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (4,664)