cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JesseMcHargue

Create a new work item, can I set "/fields/System.AssignedTo"?

Hello All - 

I was attempting to create a new work item in VSO once a new item was created in a SP list using Flow and do not see an option to set the Assigned To field. Am I missing it or do I need to use the API and update it after it was created?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JesseMcHargue,

What do you mean by “VSO”? Is it “Visual Studio Online”?
Do you want to create a flow looks like below, you need a “Assign to field” in the action “Visual Studio Online>Create a new work item”?

vso.PNG

But it seems that there is no “Assign to” field can be used. If I understand you correctly, may I suggest you submit an idea at Flow Ideas forum? Other customers who have the same request would vote your idea. The link of Flow Ideas Forum is:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello - 

Yes- Visual Studio Online.

I am attempting to create a User Story work item within a Project and populate it with data from the SharePoint list item.

I would like to set the AssignedTo field within the User Story but I do not see the option within the Flow action.

I am currently doing it via a REST call, but am exploring other options that may exist.

Hi JesseMcHargue,

So now have you made it done by using Rest API? It might be an out-of-box feature if you submit it as an idea. I will also suggest other customers who have the same request vote this idea.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,650)