cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jam05eun
Regular Visitor

Created Date vs Modified Date

Hello, what could be wrong with my condition? I am using the trigger - When an item is created of modified, and I added condition so I can get 2 different emails (1 for item created and 1 for item modified).

I am comparing Created and Modified, however, I keep on getting the email for item modified event if I just created an item.

PA.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@jam05eun 

Add A compose data operation with the below expression:

div(div(mul(sub(ticks(triggerOutputs()?['body/Modified']),ticks(triggerOutputs()?['body/Created'])),100),1000000000),60)

In your condition check if the output of the compose operation is greater than 0 then this means this s modified otherwise if the output = 0 then it is on creation

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@jam05eun 

Update Item Sharepoint you need to pass the Id of the list from your trigger and save the event id in the calendar new ID

Mira_Ghaly_0-1616663335161.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

8 REPLIES 8
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@jam05eun 

Add A compose data operation with the below expression:

div(div(mul(sub(ticks(triggerOutputs()?['body/Modified']),ticks(triggerOutputs()?['body/Created'])),100),1000000000),60)

In your condition check if the output of the compose operation is greater than 0 then this means this s modified otherwise if the output = 0 then it is on creation

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@jam05eun 

Mira_Ghaly_0-1616661536481.png

Thank you so much Mira! 🙂 It workssss 😀😀

Sorry, I have follow up question, I am also trying to Create/Update my outlook calendar to sync with the Sharepoint Calendar, I added a column in sharepoint 'Calendar new ID', I'm trying to store the ID of newly created event there, so I can pass it to Update event(v4). I'm not sure how to do it.. Is this correct?

PA 2.JPG

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@jam05eun 

Update Item Sharepoint you need to pass the Id of the list from your trigger and save the event id in the calendar new ID

Mira_Ghaly_0-1616663335161.png

I got this error when I try to test:

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Update_event_(V4)' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The resolved string values for the following parameters are invalid, they may not be null or empty: 'id'

PA 4.JPG

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@jam05eun 

can you add a compose data operation before this step and add the field Calender new ID just for troubleshooting

Hi Mira, it's actually working now, thanks!! 🙂 But when I create an item, it will trigger the Create Email, after less than a minute, it will also trigger the Modified email even if I don't change anything on the event. Is it because of the Update item action after Create event (V4)? 🙄

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@jam05eun 

yes unfortunately

but if you want your update to be triggered on specific condition only you can adjust you trigger filter conditions so on your Trigger click settings and click add Trigger Condition

Mira_Ghaly_0-1616668945459.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,589)