cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mallarc
Frequent Visitor

Creating a flow that extracts attachments inside msg or eml attachments

Hi there,

I been searching the internet for the answer and not been able to find it anywhere.  I have a flow that is able to extract attachments from an email but what I am trying to look for is a flow that is able to extract attachments that inside, the email body, that has an email attached. e.g email 1 has an attachment, within it, there is an email and in this email there is the final attachments.  These attachments can be png, pdf.

There is some instances of people saying this can't be done.

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mallarc,

It's unfortunate Flow not supported to extract attachments inside msg file or eml file.

If you are familiar with VBA code, Using CreateItemFromTemplate from VBA Code to save an attachment (excel file) from an Outlook email that was inside another email as a... you could

• open msg files from C:\temp\
  • strip all attachments to C:\temp1\

For more details, you could refer to this post:

excel - Extract attachments from saved .msg files using VBA - Stack Overflow

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for that comment about this issue.  I will look into this and see what I can do.  Yes its very unfortunate that flow doesn't do this as I am sure I am not the only person with this kind of issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (84,259)