cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabiGDias

Creating an automatic e-mail replying with an specific data from an specific ID

Hello! I´m a new user of Power Automate and I have a question.

I´d like to know if it is possible to create an automatic e-mail that is triggred by an specific ID, let´s say, written down on the subject field

For example. I have an excel table listing some IDs and a correspondent data:

ID   Name

1     A

2     B

3    C

If I receive an e-mail with "1" at the subject, is it possible to use vlookup at excel, find the correspondent data ("A", in this situation") and automatically send a reply (with a PDF generated by my excel, or even just a text) with the letter A in it?

Hope I could make myself understandable! 

Thanks, best regards.

Gabriella

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@GabiGDias 

You'll need to parse the email subject to extract the data that you want.  Power Automate has a variety of string expressions that can help.  Give me an example and I can suggest how you might approach this.  Parsing the email subject might not be 100% accurate because users can enter the subject in an infinite number of ways.

Once you have parsed the subject, you'll need to retrieve a specific row from Excel.  Here is a post that explains how.

Please note that your Excel data will need to be in an Excel table.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,526)