cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating "See my pending approvals" tab for sharepoint users - MS Sharepoint&Flow

Hi Guys,

I have created a new sharepoint page with simple MS flow feature working like:

1. If a new item on sharepoint list is created send approval request to the people provided in "Approver" field.

2. If accepted, this item changes status on accepted and appropriate message is sent to the requestor.

I am wondering how to create one tab for users where they will review your pending approvals - this section will be unique for everyone. For example, I have no approvals requests to approve so my tab will be empty but my friend has two items to approve and these items should be visible on that list only for him - "My pending approvals" Tab

Any ideas/suggestion how to start with that? I would be so grateful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi @KonradzajacBAT1, in your SharePoint list you will need a People or Group type column. In my example it is called User. You then create a view of the list (mine is called YourCourses) with a filter that shows the items when User is equal to [Me] as in the image below. On a SharePoint page you can then add a list web part and select the list and the view and it will only show the items in the list where the user in the User column is the same as the logged in user. In other words you only see your own items.

Hope that helps.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.SharePoint listSharePoint listThe filterThe filterView of the listView of the listWeb part on SharePoint pageWeb part on SharePoint page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi @KonradzajacBAT1, in your SharePoint list you will need a People or Group type column. In my example it is called User. You then create a view of the list (mine is called YourCourses) with a filter that shows the items when User is equal to [Me] as in the image below. On a SharePoint page you can then add a list web part and select the list and the view and it will only show the items in the list where the user in the User column is the same as the logged in user. In other words you only see your own items.

Hope that helps.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.SharePoint listSharePoint listThe filterThe filterView of the listView of the listWeb part on SharePoint pageWeb part on SharePoint page

Hi @RobElliott 

Yes it works! Thank you very much, I did not expect it would so simple 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,454)