cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eturyu
Regular Visitor

Crm Dynamics - Triggered/conditional flow to update related order line

Hi,

New here only built one or two flows before (simple stuff like email notification when a record is created/updated). Today I'm trying to create a flow where:

When a field on the Order Entity Form is updated to a specific value, I want the flow to trigger updating a field on the related Order Line Form.

The trouble I'm having is how to find the related Order Line. I'm assuming from other things I've read that perhaps i need to go List Records instead of Get Records? but any help would be great thanks!

Eturyu_0-1611294389755.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Eturyu 

When performing Dynamics 365 Updates it is recommended to use the CDS (Current Environment Connector) and this requires creating a solution and then creating your flow from inside the solution.

1. Your trigger  will be as below when a record is created or updated and you can specify the filtering attributes and filtering Conditions in ODATA Format (Let me know if you need more elaboration on this point)

Mira_Ghaly_0-1611295911572.png

2. You will then Call List Records Actions as you have mentioned and expected as below

you can use either odata filter or fetchXML to get related Order Line Items

Mira_Ghaly_1-1611296102925.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Eturyu 

When performing Dynamics 365 Updates it is recommended to use the CDS (Current Environment Connector) and this requires creating a solution and then creating your flow from inside the solution.

1. Your trigger  will be as below when a record is created or updated and you can specify the filtering attributes and filtering Conditions in ODATA Format (Let me know if you need more elaboration on this point)

Mira_Ghaly_0-1611295911572.png

2. You will then Call List Records Actions as you have mentioned and expected as below

you can use either odata filter or fetchXML to get related Order Line Items

Mira_Ghaly_1-1611296102925.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
Eturyu
Regular Visitor

Thank you! Just saw the reply, will try on Monday and let you know how i went. Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,373)