cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Custom connector actions not working in flows inside a solution

I have a custom connector action that I am using in a flow. The flow is in a solution that I created under the "Solutions" tab.

Whenever the flow is triggered, it fails at the custom action with the following error

BadRequest. The 'api' property must be provided in the 'ApiConnection' action inputs 
unless the connection is a connection under a managed API.

But the same flow is working when I create it under the "My flows" tab.

I need the flow to be in a solution as part of my requirement.

Please help

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandeepnmenon,

From the error message, it seems that the ‘api’ property has not been provided in the ‘ApiConnection’ action inputs.

Are you using Managed APIs?

Could you check your Custom Connector configuration?

Hope the following docs could be your reference:

Schema updates for Azure Logic Apps - August 1, 2015 preview

Connectors for Azure Logic Apps

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thank you @v-yamao-msft for the reply

No I am not using a Managed API. I am using an azure function that I deployed using my subscription. I am using AAD authentication to configure the OAuth 2.0 authentication for the custom connector.

What should I change in the custom connector configuration? Cannot see any 'api' property.

Highlighted

Hi, 

Have you find any solution for this? I have exactly the same issue. 

Highlighted

Have you guys found the solution? 

Untitled.png

Highlighted

Yes, 

The current workaround is to turn on/turn of the flow from the solution list view.  This action solves the problem

flow.PNG

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I have encountered this issue myself just yesterday. One of the flows fails with this same error, however another flow using the same custom connector and same action run just fine.

Another issue is that the custom connector is not available in the custom list.

I tried turning on and off as well and still did not show up on the list and is not running correctly.

I'm hoping I don't have to recreate the custom connectors.

01.PNG

This flow fails

02.PNG

This flow runs

03.PNG

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Update:

I just fixed my issue with this error.

Apparently or possibly, the admin blocked custom connectors on the main environment.

We have an app environment specifically for everything app related, so I imported my custom connector into the app environment and now the actions work and they appear in the custom connector area once again.

13.PNG

Highlighted

Hi, in case it helps someone in the future; I had the same issue at our production environment. I fixed it by editing the flow in production, deleting the tasks in the flow that use a custom connector and creating them again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,007)