cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owenqh
Level: Powered On

D365 CE - Mssing Run Flow options when a record is selected

Hi,

I followed the steps to enabled flow in CRM, and have built a flow for an entity. I chose the flow to start when a record is selected via CDS. 

However, I do not the see the Run flow options in the Flow menu in CRM. Any thoughts?Missing_Run_Flow.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
Rebetcha
Level 10

Re: D365 CE - Mssing Run Flow options when a record is selected

Hi @owenqh,

What is you D365CE version?

owenqh

@Rebetcha, Hi, our version is version 1710 (9.1.0.1856) online

owenqh

Is anyone else experiencing the simillar issue? 

Rebetcha
Level 10

Hi owengh,
Sorry for the delayed answer.
I tried it out and have the samen issue. The available Flows for the entity are not loading. I even turned on the April 2019 release, but the outcome is the same.
owenqh

thanks for your input @Rebetcha

Super User
Super User

Hi @owenqh and @Rebetcha 

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

We are experiencing the same thing in our environment (D365 Online). If we create a Flow within a CDS solution then we do not see it available to run in the application. However, if we create from within Dynamics by clicking the "Create a flow" option in the Flow menu then it does display (but can then not be included in the solution for deployment).

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

owenqh

Yep. We had done the same approach as you mentioned. 

Any idea to better manage the FLOW CDS environments? it gets really confusing as there are two. and only one will enable running flow within CRM.

Rebetcha
Level 10

Hi @LeeHarris ,

No, this issue is not resolved. It is simply something that is still on the roadmap. I also ran into a similar issue this week with a Flow launched from a PowerApps canvas app. It is basically the same issue: if you initiate the creation of the Flow from within the app designer the Flow will be outside the solution the app is in, but will work. If you create a Flow within a solution you will not be able to incorporate it in your app.

I found that this is because the team is still working on the solution enablement for Flows. Currently Flows that need to be triggered from withing applications (Dynamics 365 CE, Model Driven PowerApp, Canvas App) only work if they are not part of a solution. 

I have no idea when this will be solved, but I know they are actively working on expanding the solution awareness of Canvas Apps and Flows. I would not be surprised if this will become available somewhere in the next couple of months. 

joshbrownwsna

Hi @Rebetcha,

Just curious if you’ve seen an update on this issue. I had hoped to see it change after Ignite, but am still seeing the same behavior - if a flow is in a solution it can’t be run from an app.

Thanks!

Josh
Rebetcha
Level 10

He @joshbrownwsna ,

No, unfortunately haven't seen any updates on this.

I am waiting on this feature as well.

Rebetcha
Level 10

He @joshbrownwsna ,

I saw this blog today: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/october-updates-for-microsoft-flow/

It mentions that you can now trigger Flows that are part of a solution from a Canvas App. That was not possible before.

It is not mentioning Flows triggered from within a Model Driven App though.

Hopefully they will add that soon. 

Highlighted
joshbrownwsna

Hi @Rebetcha 

Thank you for bringing that to my attention!  Great news on parent and child flows! 

I hope they provide solution support for Model Driven apps soon.   For us, the current functionality is really unusable right now in the context of running D365 in production. We need to be able to create on-demand power automate flows that can be managed in Solutions.

In case anyone from the product team is reading, I would also like to ask that Power Automate flows be presented along side classic workflows in the Run Workflow dialog if at all possible. I've got a lot of workflow to migrate, and the process is going to take some time for us.  Having to teach users to look to two different pieces of UI is not ideal.

I also wanted to thank the community and product team for all the recent updates.  They are really making the product much more usable for serious production use.  Thank you for all the work!

Josh

Josh

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,850)