cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knivy
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse When a row is added, modified or deleted triggering intermittently

I have a flow that uses the Update step on the Dataverse 'when a row is added, modified or deleted action' to trigger but it seems to be triggering intermittently. I know that this flow hasn't triggered on all of my records because it should be updating fields on the record which triggers it and I have audit history turned on for that record.

I have no failed runs, failed checks or checks (no new data), either flow runs or it doesn't trigger at all.

My environment is a sandbox enviornment with admin mode turned on and background processes are turned on.

On the occasions when the flow runs it doesn't fail, it runs without an issue.

Dataverse Trigger.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Knivy ,

You have added column filter as statuscode which says this flow will only trigger if the statuscode is changed on those records, otherwise it wont. Please look at the records for which it did not trigger and see if the field value changes that took on those records.

Thanks

Knivy
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ManishJain,

Yes that is the issue, the statuscode was being updated but the flow wasn't triggering, apologies for not making that clear in my initial post.

I spoke to microsoft about this and apparently on occasion when the status reason updates rather than running an update step it runs an activate step, which isn't picked up by the flow.

Record activate.PNG

To combat this I created a workflow that on status change of this record updates another field and added that field into my column filters. This worked for some records but not for all, I'm not sure how to rectify this.

Please see below the audit history where the flow was triggered:

Record triggered.PNG

And the audit history for the record where it was not triggered:

Record not triggered.PNG

They look exactly the same to me so I don't understand why one triggered and one didn't.

Any help would be much appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,558)